How To Get Cheap Disneyland Tickets
Millions of children (and plenty of adults) dream of visiting Disneyland. However, this famous theme park isn’t cheap by any means, so it’s worth the time and effort to look for discounts and deals. Here are some helpful hints to help you obtain cheap Disneyland tickets.
Located in Anaheim, California, Disneyland is one of the most popular theme parks in the world. The park includes several Disney-themed attractions and rides, and popular areas like Mickey’s Toontown and Tomorrowland. Visitors can spot many famous Disney characters in the park, some of whom participate in live shows and ceremonies. For more information on this theme park and resort, see Disneyland Vacations.
Before you look for cheap Disneyland tickets, look up the current rates on the Disneyland website. As of the summer of 2012, a 1-day pass to Disneyland costs $81 for ages 3 to 9 and $87 for ages 10 and up. The per-day rate decreases if you buy a multi-day pass. For example, adult tickets are $260 for a 5-day pass (or $52 per day).
Where To Start Your Search
There are a multitude of options when looking for discounts on Disneyland tickets. We’ve outlined some of top options below:
- Southern California CityPass: This is a unique pass that will offer you major discounts if you plan to visit other attractions near Disneyland. As of the summer of 2012, the passes cost $239 for ages 3 to 9 and $279 for ages 10 and up. This rate gets you admission to Universal Studios Hollywood, SeaWorld Adventure park and a 3-day pass to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. The savings comes out to about 30 percent overall.
- aRes Travel: This site offers more modest savings on Disneyland tickets, but even a $5 savings per ticket can add up when you’re bringing your whole family. In addition, you can purchase discounted Southern California CityPasses through this site.
- Check out online deal sites: A search for discount Disneyland tickets online will turn up plenty of results. Buying your tickets online at some of these sites before you go to the park can save you some money.
Tips To Get Cheap Disneyland Tickets
In addition to using the resources above, consider whether you can use any of these other methods to get a discount on your visit to Disneyland:
- Visit during the off-season: Disneyland tickets often drop in price during late winter and early spring.
- Go as a group: Groups of 10 or more may be able to get discounted tickets to the park. Call ahead since you’ll likely need to get tickets in advance or show up as one group at the park.
- Use your connections: Are you a AAA member? A teacher? A student? A member of the military? Contact the park when booking tickets – they often offer discounts for individuals who belong to these groups.
- Consider your location: If you live in southern California, you can get discounted passes to the park. Check ahead to see if they are currently running a deal for area residents, and bring along an ID to provide proof of your ZIP code.
- Look for package deals: If you plan to stay in a hotel, do your research first. Stay in one that offers cheap Disneyland tickets to customers.
Avoiding Scams And Legal Trouble
Some sites may claim to sell cheap Disneyland tickets, but you should make sure you’re giving your money to a reputable company. Legitimate sites will usually display that they are an authorized Disney ticket agent right on the site.
Craigslist and eBay pose other problems. Some people try to sell tickets or unused days on a park pass on these sites. This may seem like a tempting idea, but many passes explicitly state “Not for Sale. Non-Transferable. Must be used by the same person, all days.” To use someone else’s pass would potentially get you into legal trouble if you were caught, so this practice is not recommended.
By using the tips and tricks listed above, you should be able to get cheap Disneyland tickets that beat the price advertised on the official site. Just remember to always check ahead to make sure there are no blackout dates on deals or discounts when you plan to visit Disneyland.