A Beginner's Guide To Knott's Berry Farm Rides And Attractions
Located in Buena Park, California, Knott’s Berry Farm is one of the oldest theme parks in the Southern California region. Home of Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang, Knott’s is celebrated as family-oriented adventure town with an Old West theme. With over 165 rides and attractions, a line of jams, jellies and other preserved goods, and the world famous Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant, Knott’s Berry Farm is the perfect place any time of the year.
The history of Knott’s Berry Farm can be traced back to its origins as a regular berry farm and roadside stand that specialized in berry preserves and pies. In 1920, farmer Walter Knott, along with his family, decided to turn their plot of land in Buena Park, California, into a tourist attraction, with shops, stores and a restaurant to attract more visitors to their berry farm business. By the 1940s, the farm had grown into a Western theme park, with rides and other free entertainment. Eventually, it would grow into the successful commercial theme park that it is today.
Rides And Attractions
One of the most appealing aspects of the Knott’s Berry Farm theme park is the numerous attractions and activities suitable for any type of person and every age group.
- Rollercoasters: Revered for its heart-pumping rollercoasters like GhostRider and Boomerang, Knott’s Berry Farm is a popular destination spot for the avid thrill seeker. Intermediate rollercoasters like Jaguar and the Pony Express offer an enjoyable ride for those who aren’t ready to tackle the loops, twirls and steep inclines of Xcelerator and Silver Bullet.
- Thrill Rides: For those looking for an instant rush without the tube carts and rails of a rollercoaster, Knott’s Berry Farm has numerous thrill rides like Rip Tide and Supreme Scream that rely on steep heights and a little help from gravity to excite theme park guests.
- Water Rides: Knott’s Berry Farm visitors should plan on bringing some extra clothes to change into after enjoying the roaring waters of Big Foot Rapids or the giant splash from the Timber Mountain Log Ride.
- Children’s Rides: Camp Snoopy is one of the most popular sections of Knott’s Berry Farm, with a vast collection of children’s rides that are suitable for small children who aren’t ready to ride the big-kid-rollercoasters. Many of the rides at Camp Snoopy are themed after the popular Charlie Brown cartoon series like Charlie Brown’s Speedway and the Snoopy Bounce.
- Family Rides: Visitors looking for attractions fit for the whole family will enjoy the various family rides around the park like the High Sierra Ferris Wheel, Calico Mine Ride or the Butterfield Stagecoach.
- Shows: Those who are looking to take a break after hours of running around the park should take note of the show schedules around Knott’s Berry Farm. The Knott’s Fool’s Gold Stunt Show is sure to excite you, while the Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang show lets visitors interact with their favorite Charlie Brown characters.
Knott’s Berry Farm also offers seasonal attractions and events that make it a theme park worth visiting during these special times of the year. The Knott’s Halloween Haunt and Knott’s Scary Farm offer spooky festivities and attractions to fit the Halloween Season. During the holiday season, guests can look forward to Knott’s Merry Farm, where the park is decorated in holiday and winter décor. There is also a Peanuts’ Holiday Parade and the Christmas show, “It’s Christmas, Snoopy!” that the whole family can look forward to.
Knott's Scary Farm
Like it was mentioned above, Knott's Scary Farm is a seasonal attraction featured at Knott's Berry Farm during the Halloween season. While the main rides and attractions continue to function, the entire park is transformed into a spectacular, Halloween spookfest. In addition to the Hallowen theme, guests will find a host of Halloween mazes with ghoulishly frightening themes like "Sleepy Hollow" or the "Doll Factory" that guests can navigate through. To top off the Halloween festivities, Knott's Scary Farm features several scare zones where guests can expect to encounter some of the most realistic monster's they have ever seen. This seasonal event is definitely not for the faint of heart, but it will offer a "frighteningly" good time.
Location And Accommodations
Located in close proximity to the world-renowned Disneyland theme park in Anaheim, Knott’s Berry Farm is one of the reasons why Southern California is such a popular destination spot for tourists from across the globe. Just off of the 91 and 5 freeways, the park is easily accessible with just a 30 minute drive from both downtown Los Angeles and John Wayne/Orange County Airport.
Those looking for the most convenient lodgings around Knott’s Berry Farm can stay at the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel. With standard and Snoopy themed rooms, the hotel provides numerous options and packages to fit almost any budget. Not only is the Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel located near the Knott’s Berry Farm theme park, it is also in close proximity to Disneyland and the Anaheim Convention Center, with shuttle service to these establishments.
Those looking for accommodations outside of Knott’s Berry Farm will find an abundance of motels and hotels in the surrounding area, most of which are within walking distance from the park. Popular establishments like the Courtyard Marriot, Radisson Suites Hotel and Days Inn provide multiple choices for families looking for the most comfortable and affordable lodgings within the area.
Admission prices to Knott’s Berry Farm are as follows:
- Regular Ticket (Ages 12 to 61): $56.99
- Junior/Senior Ticket (Ages 3 to 11 and 62+): $24.99
- Fast Lane Voucher (Allows front of the line access for various attractions): $50.00 per guest
- All Day Parking (Regular Auto): $14.00
- All Day Parking (RV/Bus): $20.00
Coupons And Discounts
Those looking for the deals and discounts should visit the Knott’s Berry Farm website (www.Knotts.com). There they will find news on seasonal or online discounts along with information on coupons and park vouchers. Coupon websites, like CouponMountain.com, also offer online coupons that can be used to purchase park tickets at a discounted rate.